Redwoods range of TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) films can be used for many technical applications across a wide range of industries including medical, defence, aerospace, automotive and other industrial markets. Both ether and ester based films are available ranging in thickness from 25 – 750 microns.
Uses for out TPU Film:
Medical – our TPU products are used as laminating films, transparent membranes, fabric protective liners, barrier films, functional surface treatments, puncture resistant bags, inflatable bladders and many other applications.
Aerospace – Our high-quality films used for flexible, high performance barrier fabrics which must meet rigorous FAA aviation safety standards for aircraft and other aviation uses. Fire resistant, low smoke and fume TPU film grades can be used in aircraft interior floors and cabin furnishing materials, providing textiles and laminate materials with high durability, comfort and fire safety.
Automotive – Redwoods TPU solutions offer a wide choice of properties from very soft, highly flexible grades to harder, stiffer options. Our various options offer excellent abrasion wear, tear strength and puncture resistance, even at low temperatures, as well as outstanding environmental resistance to gases, ozone, water, oil and chemicals. All of this combined is perfect for use in the automotive industry.
Industrial – our TPU films can be used for many applications in the Industrial sector. Industrial gaskets, valve seals, vapour seals, filters and tank liners are just some of the uses. We also offer options of high slip, excellent abrasion wear, tear strength and puncture resistance so will have a solution for whatever application you need.
Films can be supplied in different colours and widths depending on your needs. We can also modify the formulations to provide a Flame Retardant, Anti-Static or Microbial Resistance.
Key Features and Benefits
- Films can be clear, translucent or opaque, tinted or solid colour matched, as required
- We can make a film for the purpose you need it for i.e. anti-static, high slip, fire resistance, anti-microbial
- We have a range of film hardness (82 – 95 Shore A) and elongation performance from 350% up to 800%
- Film Thickness from 25 microns (0.025 mm) to 750 microns (0.75 mm)
- Roll widths from 50mm, supplied up to 1600mm (@ 25 microns) and 900mm (@750 microns)
- Excellent abrasion wear, tear strength and puncture resistance, even at low temperatures
- Outstanding environmental resistance to gases, ozone, water, oil and chemicals
- Excellent biocompatibility, compliant with ISO 10993
Recently we have developed a high slip TPU which is particularly interesting for medical applications where shear and friction can create significant problems.
If you have any questions about our TPU film range, please get in touch today.